How to be safe while using a public computer (Library, Office, or cafe)
Many time we go on a public computer to Search, reading/ sending emails, or Facebook ;). Whenever we use a public computer, there is always a risk of getting our data stolen as we don't know what all tracking software installed on a public computer. I am suggesting few tips to be safer while using a public computer.
- Always use Private mode (incognito mode) in your browser. Its available in most browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft edge, Opera, and Internet Explorer.
- Disable or remove all addons installed on that browser as they may collect any data. Firefox users can see Addons here and Chrome users can find extentions here
- Never tick "Remember me" button while login.
- Always see that connection is secure that means you can see https:// (not http://) in title bar.
- Clear cookies and browsing data before finishing the session. (Firefox | Chrome)